Sunday, October 13, 2013

MTC October 9, 2013

Sorry I have not updated since we dropped Ryan off....

Wednesday was an emotional day for sure. Janel (Ryan's mom), Harvey, Stephen, Tyler, Ashlee and I all accompanied Ryan to the MTC that day. Photos to come soon. (I forgot my camera so Janel was very kind and took the photos that she wanted and the ones we wanted).
Ryan was super excited to finally be getting on with this next step in his life. The host that was there for him was from Spain and very friendly and outgoing. My heart broke for Janel as I knew exactly how hard it is saying goodbye for 2 years in such a short time to your first missionary. I did have an easier time this time knowing what to expect but I did cry a lot and I have spent a lot of time just moping around thinking of our baby boy being gone.
On Friday I was very surprised and excited to have Stephen bring the mail to me and there was already a letter from Ryan. He is loving the MTC and feeling the spirit strong. There was a total of 501 missionaries that entered the MTC on Wednesday. He is in a group of 6 elders and 4 sisters. His Companion is from Magna, 18 years old, graduated from Cyprus High and wrestled in middle school so Ryan and him have made instant friends. He told us about the meeting they had to meet the MTC Presidency and how they ended it with the primary song "we have been born". He said it was amazing how strong the spirit was.

His MTC Address has changed the new one is:
Elder Ryan Patrick Larson
NOV18 PHI-CEBE
2011 N 900 E Unit 208
Provo, UT 84602

Both Janel and I will be posting on his facebook account to share what we are hearing from him so if you see something stating it is from his mom that is from Janel and all of my correspondence will be through the blog and if I happen to just write something I will sign my name to it so as not to add confusion.

Thank you so much from all of us for your support and love. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment