Sunday, May 10, 2015

May 4, 2015

well, i have had just about the hardest week ever. On Monday elder head burned his leg on the exhaust pipe and then went to Tagbilaran. so Tuesday he did his emailing because he couldn't email on P-day.
so Tuesday we went to Guindalman about 30 minutes away from the house on a bus so he could email. he finished at around 1:00, then he had to get a haircut. by the time we finished with everything and made it back home it was around 3:00. so an even shorter day. he then decided that his leg was too sore, in too much pain to go out and teach. so Elder Albar and i went out and worked because his companion Elder Acosta was feeling sick, so just the 2 of us worked. we went out and taught one lesson to a man that believes that only through knowing the name of Heavenly Father we can be saved. we tried to tell him that it is only through Jesus Christ we can be saved. we also emphasized that Heavenly Father is called that because it is sacred title to have. it will be one of the only ones that we will have in the eternities. so it is super important.
On Wednesday we went out to work late, and ended up coming home around 3:00, so only about an hour. Elder Head took the day off again to rest his leg, i don't know why though. so elder Albar and i went and worked again while our companions recovered from their illnesses or injuries. we went on a hike to one of the hardest places to get in my area, because it is like walking straight up a hill. to a few houses. while we were up there we had no set people to visit so we just went and talked to some random people. we then went and found a Tatay(grandpa) and a Nanay(grandma) we taught them about how families can be eternal. they seemed pretty excited about that thought. it was super fun to just be out doing work. my idea of missionary work has changed so much since being back. i know what it is like on the other side of the mission. so many regrets of stuff that i could have and should have done different.
Thursday was super amazing, we had to be to the Tagbilaran Chapel at 8:00 because i had an interview with President Arden (Philippines area President, general authority 1st quorum of the 70) i was super nervous and excited at the same time. we talked about the mission and everything. he gave me a ton of good advice for hopefully receiving help from our branch, and what else we could do to help the area grow and become better than it is now. i talked with him about being back in the mission and he said that it was awesome that i came back to the mission and didn't just call it quits. also he said that i need to start making my letters more about the spiritual aspects of a mission and not about the things that are happening.
on Friday we had our weekly planning, we only have 4 people that we go to right now to teach. so it went fairly quickly. we have been struggling way bad. we are starting to be disappointment in our area, we have almost gotten to the point where we just want to teach rocks and water buffalo... it is just super hard in our area. last week we taught 6 lessons total. but then i was reading through PMG and read on Page 170 about how "No Effort Is Wasted". that really just helped me cheer up and put on a smile even when i was feeling down.
Saturday we made it out to work on time and made it to our first lesson around 12:30which was our timing, we walked for 30 minutes to get there (but not a slow walk, but a speed walk almost a jog) we taught an amazing lesson there to Brother Fernando about the Plan of Salvation. it was probably a little long but he understood the reason for the plan of salvation, and what it is. when we teach him he is so smart, he asks questions and responds to our questions, and makes sure he understands the concepts clearly.
after Fernando we walked for about another 35 minutes to get back to the highway because we had another appointment further down the road. but when we got to the road i went to grab my watch, but realized that it wasn't there.... so my brand new watch that i got just for my mission was gone. i was pretty perturbed that it wasn't there. i was a little (a lot) frustrated, but Elder Head said that we should just pray about it. after the prayer we walked all the way back to Fernando's house looking for it, but it was nowhere to be found... 
we then walked all the way back out to the highway because we still had to go to the next appointment that we had set up for 4. by the time we got there it was around 4:30 because we had taken so long getting there. when we got there the person that we had set up the appointment with for 4 was not there. but we ended up sharing a message about Faith (James 2:17-18) with him. because he was telling us about how he used to work on sunday but then he asked for the day off so he could go to church and his boss let him.
our last appointment for the night was at 5:00, which was about 30 minutes away by bus(over in Guindalman) but then when we got to Guindalman we had to ride a hable-hable *motor cycle for about 10 minutes up into the mountains to get to the appointment.
on Sunday we had a very spiritual sacrament meeting, it was amazing. and because of the start of church it was able to carry the spirit all the way through the meetings. i taught priesthood, and it was a ton better than last weeks lesson, the spirit was a lot stronger, and everyone participated in the lesson.

-Elder Larson the YOUNGER

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment