Sunday, August 16, 2015

August 12 & 16, 2015

August 12, 2015

well, this has been one of the longest weeks of my mission, by longest i usually judge the time between emailing. the last time we emailed was on the 3rd of August. so it has been about 11 days.... wow... mind=blown. 


Well, so i am sure that all of you are as excited to hear about transfers, as i am to tell you about them. so, without further ado. We received transfer calls on Tuesday after district meeting. the district meeting was on APPLYING the principles, i don't know, i just don't really know how to teach super clearly because my mind likes to wander as i am talking, and i guess typing as well. so at the end of the meeting we all gathered together and talked about what we thought was going to happen for transfers. everyone said that they thought our area was going to be "white-washed" and that Elder Jennings and I were both going to get pulled out, and i was going to become a ZL.... well, that is NOT what happened. Elder Jennings transferred to DUERO, BOHOL. The area that i just came from. and the person who would replace him was not told to me because they didn't know who he was. now if you haven't caught on yet, I AM TRAINING AGAIN! I just had my 3rd kid in the mission. Elder Head in Mandaue, Elder Jennings in Tagbilaran, and Elder Caindoy in Tagbilaran.

Elder Caindoy is from a part of Luzon, which means he is Tagalog. so we might struggle a little bit with language barriers for the first little while but i am looking forward to it. I am so excited. 
another part of this transfer is that, i was "stepped down" which basically means that i am just a 
trainer, and not a District Leader anymore. which is OK with me, it is kind of sad i wanted to have 

as much leadership as possible to learn as much as i could from the other missionaries, but it is OK either way. there are many reasons why, or at least i think so.

this last week has been one of the longest for several reasons... we have a, i am not sure what to call him, that we try to teach, so when we were talking he kept saying "no hard feelings," which, he was just trying to make sure that i didn't get offended... well at the end we asked him to ask in prayer if our message that we were sharing was true, and he said, "NO" he then told us that he wouldn't ask God if our message is true... that was probably the hardest part for me to hear, is just him saying No,
we can't change that answer, nor can we force him to ask if it is true.

so on Wednesday we had our TLC (tagbi leadership council) in the Hospital because Sister Storey got Dengue fever way bad and spent 3 days in the hospital. that is one of the pictures... it was one of many illnesses this week.

on Thursday after our ZTM we went out to lunch and there was a missionary that got super sick, and passed out in the CR(restroom) well, we got her up she still wasn't feeling good so they went home. well, at about 9:45 that night Sister Tanner gives me a call and says that i need to go save her. when i got to their house, there was 8 sisters gathered around her and she was very sickly, they had heard through the grave vine that, that sister is going to be sent home, they were then saying how much they were going to miss her... so we told all the other sisters that they needed to go home, it was BEYOND
CURFEW, so they left, and then we took her to the E.R. well, after waiting about an hour they came
to us and said that all the vitals were normal, they weren't sure what was wrong so they said that they wanted to keep her for 24 hours for observation. well that was exhausting because they had to then find her a room, she ended up getting put into a female ward. we ended up finishing up there at around 1:00 A.M. and then Elder Jennings and i had to find a way to get home from there.

but wait.... there is more! on Saturday we had some sisters working, and one of them slipped on a 
rock, fell down and dislocated her elbow... she ended up going and getting it fixed in the ER. the 
best part is that i had no clue about this until on Sunday after church when i called the sisters to see how work went that week. that is one of my pet peeves is when people who are under me don't let me know what is going on and i hear about it through a 3rd source, or when sister Tanner has to call me and say, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON??? it kinda stresses me out!!!!

Either way, i am super excited to be with my 3rd ANAK(child)!!!!! 
-Elder Larson the YOUNGER


August 16, 2015

well, this week has been a fun one. i think one of the fastest ever, mainly because we just emailed last Thursday.

so last week on Monday morning at 4:20 there was an earthquake, i am not sure if it was just an aftershock of the 7.2 almost 2 years ago, or if it was a new one. all i know is that it was about 20 seconds long. in our apartment we sleep on the second floor so we could feel it a little more. i woke up at 4:20 to the entire house groaning, and it shaking. well after it stopped i noticed that Elder Jennings hadn't even budged a little so i sat there and was kinda freaked out for about another 10 minutes, when there wasn't another one i just thought to myself, "I'm a missionary, i should be ok, and well, I AM EXHAUSTED, well i guess i will get up at 6:30." so when i got up i asked Elder Jennings if he felt anything last night, he said nope. so i thought that it might have been a dream. but everywhere we went and i asked about the earthquake everyone has said that they felt it too.

So this week we also had a Baptism! it was super awesome, we had Rian Autor baptize him. it was super great, we taught him what he is supposed to say, but didn't really explain super well what he is supposed to do. so the first try he didn't go all the way under, but Rian kept him down for about 10 seconds because he wasn't sure exactly what to do, i told him to bring him up. Bishop was one of the witnesses, and still saw a hand. so he did it again, the second time was a little bit quicker, but his hand was still about the water. so before the third time i told Rian that he would need to get a little wet as well. so finally on the third time he got it perfectly. it was so awesome, even though there were mistakes they finally got it, and the spirit was still super strong.

on Sunday was the confirmation, i couldn't hear what was being said, but i could feel the spirit testifying of the truth of the gospel. the sad part is that none of our other investigators made it to church to feel what i was feeling.

it is so awesome to have my 3rd kid in the mission, he also conveniently is my 2nd Filipino companion. so it is kind of cool that i am getting to learn more about that. with being companions with a Pinoy it means a lot more rice! so far in 5 days i have eaten RICE with EVERY SINGLE MEAL! it has been crazy, i don't mind it, i just need to not eat a ton of it!

I have also started to really work out in the morning, i do about 50 pushups in the morning, and then i do another 50 before bed. i also started to do other stuff to work out as well! hopefully i can keep my rice belly down, and start to get back to at least football shape.

well i started to write in my journal again (sorry everyone, especially mom, dad, mom, and siblings). i got lazy with it and didn't write in it for 5 months. but now i am not working on it.
-Elder Larson the YOUNGER

No comments:

Post a Comment